To achieve toning of our body we must gain muscle mass. Therefore, in this article, we bring you the best exercises to gain muscle, which you must accompany with a healthy diet, as well as adequate rest.
Today, we all want to show off a body not only thin but also toned. That is, with well-formed muscles. However, this is not achieved by magic: you have to work hard. Increasing muscle mass is not something that can be achieved overnight.
To achieve the results you want you will have to be very constant and disciplined. That said, here we leave you the best exercises to gain muscle.
Do these exercises to gain muscle!
Barbell squats are among the best exercises to gain muscle. Mainly in the legs, whether we talk about quadriceps, calves and buttocks.
In addition to toning the legs, by doing the squats with bars in the proper way you will strengthen abdominal and shoulder muscles. However, you should be careful with the technique since, if you practice it badly, you can damage your back.
- Start with minimum weight and gradually increase it, as you go along. Also, try to alternate with other leg exercises.
The bench press consists of lifting weight with bars lying on the bench. Although it is primarily used to work the pectoral muscles, it also trains the shoulders and triceps.
However, lifting so much weight in a horizontal position requires a lot of effort. Therefore, it is important that, before performing the bench press exercises, do chest flexions, with which you can adapt your body to such a requirement.
The military press is also known as “front press with bar”, it is one of the best exercises to gain muscle in the shoulders. Also, this exercise helps improve posture and strengthens the muscles of the abdomen.
- It consists of lifting a bar with weight while standing. The bar should be located at chest level and from there raise it to where our arms allow.
- When doing it you should concentrate on the trunk, because you should not lean forward or backward. You should be very aware of this since you can cause injuries with a bad movement.
- In addition to this, as you are lifting a lot of weight it is important that you do not lower the bar behind the neck, as you increase the risk of injury.
Deadweight may be the best exercise to gain muscle because it is very powerful. Basically, it consists of lifting the bar with weight from the floor to the height of the pelvis, or to where your arms are fully stretched and you are upright.
- The bar should be placed just above your feet, not in front of them.
- It is important that when performing this exercise the descent of the bar is vertical, without leaning forward. To do this, when you go down you have to move your hips back.
Keep in mind that this exercise is quite intense. Therefore, do not overdo it with the amount of weight, as it could cause you an injury. With about 7 repetitions it is more than enough.
Horizontal rowing with bar
Horizontal rowing is the best exercise to gain muscle in the back area. This exercise also works the shoulders, forearms, and pectorals.
- To practice it you must bend your knees and lean your torso forward, keeping your head aligned with the spine.
- From that position, raise a bar with medium weight, from a little below the knees to rub the abdomen.
In general, physical training to gain muscle mass should be in a range between 45 and 90 minutes, depending on the intensity and time you have exercising. It is recommended that you train two or three times a week, so that your muscles rest
On the other hand, respect the breaks. Not only should you devote yourself to the routines themselves, but rest between exercises is also vital, as this guarantees muscle tension and strain.
In general, rest 60 to 120 seconds between each series. However, if the exercise you just did involves a lot of force, rest for 180 seconds.
No exercise routine to gain muscle will work 100% if you do not eat properly. First of all, what you eat will help you lose excess stored fat. Secondly, food will provide you with the energy you need to be able to do the exercises.
The best recommendation we can give you regarding food is that you go to a nutritionist. He will take into account all your personal requirements to indicate the proper diet. Finally, drink plenty of water, before, during and after practicing the exercises.